Joe
Joe, Technician
Experience:  IPhone Technician Electronics
20508815

I have an I phone 5C. I have forgotten the password and I

Customer Question

I have an I phone 5C . I have forgotten the password ***** I have forgotten one answer to the question.. I have been skipping over the messages, but now I am having trouble texting. I went to a Verizon store yesterday, but that was a waste of time.
JA: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?
Customer: Never
JA: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?
Customer: yes, but I apparently forgot the answer to where did I fly first
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am 73, old and apparently stupid
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Joe replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today.

The only way unfortunately to once again use the device is to either remember the password ***** reset it or if you know your itunes password ***** can connect to your computer and restore the phone (if you have backed up the phone) if not it is not suggested as you will lose all info on the device because it erases it back to like it was new from the box unless you restore from backup. If it is the device password ***** not your itunes password ***** I assume it is by your info provided then you have no choice but to restore the device. See here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

Don't be so hard on yourself as many people do this, I have had to help many people with this exact same problem over the years, it happens to a lot of people believe it or not.

Once you restore the phone you will once again be able to use it.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Thanks for using justanswer and have a great day!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have no idea how to do this. I guess I will have to go to Apple. I sincerely ***** ***** could help me. Thank you anyway
Expert:  Joe replied 11 months ago.

Please click on that link I sent in blue and it shows you step by step how to preform the restore, it is the only option. If for any reason you are unable to preform then your two options are if someone else can assist you or you can visit a local apple store and they will help. I have helped as this is the only way to get around a forgotten iphone password.

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Forget it. I will have to go to the store. I thought someone could help me. I am not satisfied. Do not charge me. You did not solve my problem
Expert:  Joe replied 11 months ago.

You stated that your iphone you forgot the password ***** I can only give you the correct info that applies to that problem and the only way to get around a forgotten password ***** an iphone is to restore the iphone which I provided the apple link to you that shows step by step how to do that and I also explained how to do it. If you need any help along the process I will be glad to help you but in order to further assist you with that I would need to know what problem you are running into with it?

Thanks,

Joe

Expert:  Joe replied 11 months ago.

Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No thank you
Expert:  Joe replied 11 months ago.

Ok, have a good weekend and Happy Holidays!

Thanks again,

Joe