Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have a de-activated HTC windows phone that I want to

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a de-activated HTC windows phone that I want to transfer the photos from onto my Win 10 PC.I have tried the recommended method of powering up the phone, plugging it into the PC USB port, then opening the PC photo app and tried "download" but it doesn't see the device/phone.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your photos?

I can open the photos on the phone currently...

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

On the phone, or on the pc?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

???

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/8/2017
Technician: Harry, IT replied 7 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Still waiting...
Is this the level is support I can expect? By the way, i was told this session would cost $5, but my paypal account was billed $47!

You can call customer service at 1-***-***-**** to discuss charges. Our service is not $5.

Well let’s at least continue to address my problem

You will need to discuss the payment issue first since you believe our service is $5 and it is not.

I already paid $47, what is the problem?

Apparently I was mistaken about the billing, I am no longer contesting the amount. Can we PLEASE talk about my issue now?
Technician: Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer

Hello. My name is Joel. I am sorry that you have been having difficulties. I can help you solve your problem if you still need assistance.

please assist if you can. Phone is an HTC PM23300 running windows Phone 8.0. I want to move photos from this phone to my Windows 10 PC via the USB cord or via Bluetooth, but NOT thru the cloud, as the phone no longer has an active carrier (formerly AT&T)