Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I am trying to add my email address to my I-phone. I am

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to add my email address***@******.*** to my I-phone. I am confident the host name is ***** ***** I get an error message that either the user name or password ***** ***** I am using the e-mail address as the user name Should I be using my outlook password ***** some other password. I have tried using the outlook password ***** it did not work. How do I change the outlook password ***** necessary

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Outlook account on any other devices?

Yes, my desk top

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

I don't know

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/6/2017
Technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. Are you still able to access this email address using a web browser on your computer? (Like Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome)

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

I am using windows. Yes, I can also can access both gmail and aol. on my I phone.
Once again I have a I-phone question not a computer question

Thank you for writing back. I was asking about the computer part of the issue to confirm that you can access the account.

1. So now, when you access it on the computer, are you using a web browser like Internet Explorer or Chrome?
  2. Are you ENTERING a password ***** access it on the computer? Or is it logged in automatically?
I go directly into outlook on my desktop
It is logged in automatically

So you are using an MS Outlook program in your computer, not a web browser. Correct?

that is correct

Thank you for that confirmation. Now, are you sure that the password ***** you are entering to your iphone is the correct password ***** your Outlook?

Should I be using the password ***** outlook or the password ***** my domain name***@******.***. I do not have an outlook.com e-mail address

So here comes the confusion. I was not talking about Outlook.com. I was asking if you are using Microsoft Outlook program, it could be 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016, to access your email. And you said yes.

There are 2 ways to access your email on the computer. First is by using a web browser like Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc. Second is by using an email program like MS Outlook 2016.

Which one are you using?

I am using MS outlook 2013
Our problem has been solved. thank you