Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Not my computer, it's my phone. I had an update on my phone,

Customer Question
Not my computer, it's...

Not my computer, it's my phone. I had an update on my phone, I forgot my password, so I tried the 12 times, and my phone has been taken back to a status with none of my information on it. I have tried to log on to my google account I established with this phone and it tells me my password ***** changed recently and I need to wait 24 hours to try to log in again. what happens if it still does not like my password. I called the google phone number(###) ###-####and they said I had to log onto google.com/recovery, I did that and it just gives me a bunch of information about google, nothing that says how they will help me with my recovery. how do I get my phone working to make calls before 24 hours????

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

Yesterday 11-5-17 approximately 5-6 pm

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

I had no choice, the Verizon store where I bought my phone, said they could do a factory reset, or I could keep trying my password, and after 12 tries, the phone would cut off and do it's own reset. I waited at the store, for the phone to do that, it came up with wanting my information, and when I tried to put in my google account and the password, it denied my password, and told me it had been changed recently and I had to wait 24 hours - not sure what will happen then.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

That's as far as it got. the phone says the device was reset, continue to sign in with my google account previously synced on this device, but it keeps rejecting my google password. this is the first occasion is have used the google password ***** was set up with the phone. i have had no opportunity to use it since.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/7/2017
Technician: Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer replied 4 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

You do have to wait a MINIMUM of 24 hours for the Google registration servers to get your changed password ***** the Google gmail servers. I have seen it take longer. It could take as long as one week. You need to validate your gmail password ***** logging into your gmail account on the web at www.gmail.com with the gmail address that was used originally to register your Android smartphone. When you have the current password, you can try to use it to reregister your smartphone with your gmail address after waiting 24 hours. As long as you still get the message to wait for 24 hours, you must wait and try again. There is no alternative except to try it again every day until it finally works.

If you have any additional questions or problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. My goal is to provide you with the best possible customer service. If you are satisfied with my advice, please take a moment to rate my services.

Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer