Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Just replaced my iPhone 5s with new X. the 5s paired with my…

Customer Question
Just replaced my iPhone...

Just replaced my iPhone 5s with new X. the 5s paired with my 2006 530 Series BMW. X doesn't seem to pair. Will it? I had thought it probably would since the 5s did.

Technician's Assistant: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your iPhone?

My iTunes seems to be 3.6 (2360) for iTunes U. Seri says iTunes released iTunes12.6.3 in Oct. I purchased my X in Nov and acquired it 10 days ago.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reboot?

Haven't since Sprint transferred all from 5s to X at their local store.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not now, but I am not going to forget how to reach you in future>:)

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/7/2017
Technician: Richard, Smartphone Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Smartphone Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What exactly happens when you try to pair it?

What error do you receive?

Please let me know

Thank you

I go thru all proper procedures as the auto manual describes and the phone does not show up on the pairing sequence like the prior iPhone 5s, but when I get to random code sequence for each (car and phone) it does not pair and finally it says on my X iPhone that it could not pair and to try again. worked on it for over an hour. couldn't get it to pair/connect. Called my IT person and he checked on internet and said I need to have dealer do an update on the blue tooth software in the automobile. I am taking it there tomorrow. Thank you for your attempt to help. I hope you do not charge me and please eliminate any continuing type of service. I do not need or want it. please confirm. Again thank you for trying. Jim XXX

ok