Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I got it wet, every thing works but no sound. Can it be

Customer Question
I got it wet...

I got it wet, every thing works but no sound. Can it be fixed?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Apple phone

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

About 3 days. Put in bag of rice. Volume turned up as fa as it will go.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/6/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Unfortunately, rice is the only trick available for water damage and if that did not work completely then that will be the best it will get without a repair or replacement.

The cost of repair could be anywhere from $100-$300+ depending on what is damaged and which model that you have.

Call again

I’m ready for the online conversation

Wasn’t much help

I am sorry that you feel that way -- Unfortunately, there are bad news questions sometimes and as a technician, I am required to reply to all questions.