Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

This keeps happening repeatedly. I try different fixes and…

Customer Question
Hi! this keeps...

Hi! this keeps happening repeatedly. I try different fixes and it happens again. I use outlook 2010 calendar. I have an iphone 6S. I sync with icloud. It seems that after any updates or change to home wifi, it all stops syncing my calendar, contacts and reminders. Can you help with this? :)

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Just updated it this am. Where do I find that out again?

Technician's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

About a year ago following an update. Now I fix it then it happens again a month or so later. i have tried numerous things on-line like singing in/out of icloud account, in/out of syncing contacts/reminders/calendar and many others.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

How does your service work and how much does it cost?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/7/2017
Technician: Harry, IT replied 7 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I have a PC not a MAC..do you work on PC?

Yes, we do.

You mentioned a change to home Wi-Fi.

Do you change Wi-Fi networks often?

Hi Harry!I have a Comcast/Infinity modem. In the past 6 months, I have had to change it out twice; being advised it was a faulty modem. Just replaced it again about a month ago. When I replaced it 6 months ago, same thing happened. Can no longer sync contacts/calendar/reminders. I fixed it myself, but no clue how I fixed it! Now, again. Driving me nuts.
Can we talk by phone? (###) ###-#### Lorraine

Hi Lorraine,

Usually, it is fixed automatically when you change the computer and phone to connect to the new network.

True, but not working...?
Can I switch to an expert how can speak by phone? Thank you!
Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 7 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

I am Samuel and I can help via chat or live it is your choice. When Outlook disconnects how is it you get it to work again. This can help me identify the issue and offer the correct solution. Thanks

Samuel