Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I suspect my phone is being hacked...I suspect a law

Customer Question
Hi, I suspect my...

Hi, I suspect my phone is being hacked...I suspect a law enforcement liaison for the school district was involved in covering a case of child abuse by a teacher towards a child. They wanted to see my evidence & I think they hacked my phone...I researched & discovered that our state uses cellebrite...do I have the right to know if my phone was hacked?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

IPhone 7+ iOS 11.2

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

I began suspecting in 1st week on nov, since then, I’ve noticed strange texts from 5 digit numbers that I’ve never received before, increases data usage in apps I hadn’t used, feee apple apps that I hadn’t fine loaded, static on calls, dropped calls & our bank account who we accessed yesterday without problem has us lucked out today because supposedly to many failed log in attempts were made by one of the phones in my family’s Plan. Aldo, data usage when I’m connected to WiFi occurring at times when I’m asleep or not using my phone.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just how can I find out for sure, I feel like I’m going craxy

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/6/2017
Technician: Kris8472,
 replied 8 months ago
Kris8472

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Since november
Technician: Kris8472,
 replied 8 months ago

I see you have requested remote assistance but this failed to go through.
I cannot handle payment issues as I am an end user to the site like you please call 1(###) ###-####and speak to the billing team or renter the details or contact the CC/Bank to remove the block
Regards
Kris

What I would like to know is how could I verify if my phone(s) we’re hacked...I can fix it afterwards
Technician: Kris8472,
 replied 8 months ago

Hi,I see you have requested remote assistance but this failed to go through. I cannot handle payment issues as I am an end user to the site like you please call 1(###) ###-####and speak to the billing team or renter the details or contact the CC/Bank to remove the blockRegardsKris

No I don’t want remote assistance, thankbyou
Technician: Harry, IT replied 8 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.