Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

It’s my iPhone 6s. It keeps going back to screen where I put…

Customer Question
It’s my iPhone 6s...

It’s my iPhone 6s. It keeps going back to screen where I put my passcode in. Tried reboot several times. Bought it in May. Number is(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

My iphone6s is constantly going back to passcode screen

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Since Friday. Reboot several times

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It also gets really hot

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/6/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The only way to bypass the lock screen is to perform a factory reset on the iPhone..

From a computer, go to icloud.com/find

If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID

Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.

Select the device you want to erase.

Click Erase [device] to erase your device and its passcode.

Now you can restore from backup

I will lose everything on my phone?.
Unfortunately, yes. If it is backed up via iCloud or ITunes then it can be restored.
Why did this happen. Not happy
I cannot speak for why it happened since I did not have access to your phone. I understand that you are not happy but I am only a messenger in the situation
Well I don’t want to be charged for this I am going to the store where I bought it
Not satisfied