Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Just got iPhone X and can’t finish setting up iCloud. The…

Customer Question
HI. Just got iPhone...

HI. Just got iPhone X and can’t finish setting up iCloud

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

The latest

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

The problème is that it’s asking for my iPad passsord and it does not recognize it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
When trying to set up iCloud on my iPhone it asks also my iPad password ***** it does not recognize it.
12/6/2017
Technician: Harry, IT replied 7 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

What do you mean that it is asking for your iPad password?

It’s two-factor identity. Apple uses someone’s other devices to confirm identity.

Do you know whose device it is?

Two-factor authentication I meant
My device of course.

You said it was using someone elses device?

Come on man. I’m taking in general terms. The tow-factor authentification asks for my iPad password ***** confirm my identity.
talking

Do you mean it asks for your Apple ID password? I have no idea what you mean by "general terms" -- I can only use what you type to me.

Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Is it asking for your Apple ID password?

I have my Apple ID password, then my iPhone password, then it asks for my iPad password ***** it can’t recognize it.
I gave my Apple... i meant

I have never heard of it ask for your iPad password.

Do you mean that it is sending a code to your iPad as a 2-step authentication?

It did send a code that I used at the start then went through the steps I said.

If it is requesting a code from your iPad then it is requesting a code that was sent to it.

How can I get reimbursed without going through a third technician?