Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Can I use my iPhone 5 as a live video device so I can show a…

Customer Question
Can I use my...

Can I use my iPhone 5 as a live video device so I can show a live demonstration to a group on a TV screen?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Let me find out

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

I do a decorating class. Am trying to set it up, may need to buy apple TV?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
My current TV is a SONY but it evidently is not a smart TV.
Actually I am getting a I phone 6 in a few days. Nott sure what operating system it will have on it
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/5/2017
Technician: Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Does your Sony TV have an HDMI port?

I am prepared to buy a new tv if i need a smart tv

Good. You can get an Apple TV set-top box and an HDMI cable and connect the Apple TV box to the TV. This will allow you to display your iphone content on your TV. You do not need a smart TV to do this.

But, it appears that i do need. Apple tv?

The Apple TV set=top box functions like a smart TV.

Can i buy a cheaper non Apple product?
I hook an apple tv to the tv by way of dvi cord and my phone can wireless connect to the connected box?

It's an HDMI cable. You have to purchase it separately. The Apple TV will also stream video programs on you TV. If you something cheaper, you can get an Apple Lightning Cable.

The Lightning Cable is basically a Mini HDMI and Micro USB adapter for an iphone. if you are going to get one, you should wait until you get your iphone 6, because the connector changed between the iphone 5 and 6.

I apologize for the misinformation.. Apple changed the connector for the iphone 5, and it is the same for the iphone 6. Alli phones before the iphone5 had a large 30-pin connector. The Lightning Connector is 80% smaller and is reversible.

Thanks for the information, but I was hoping for a quicker response.