Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My iphone 6s plus since I upgraded to ios 11 has been eating…

Customer Question
My iphone 6s plus...

My iphone 6s plus since I upgraded to ios 11 has been eating my battery have to charge every 31/2 hours and now it is shutting down Linda

Technician's Assistant: When was the last time you updated the version of iOS on your Apple device?

As soon as the 11 came out

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No I cannot get the phone to stay up enough to do anything

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/5/2017
Technician: Randy, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Randy
Randy, Customer Service

I am sorry this happened. This could be a glitch in the software and the iPhone needs to reboot, lets try and force a reboot > Hold the home button and the power button down for about 20 seconds or until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then release both buttons. If it does not power on release the buttons after 60 seconds and then hold the power/sleep button only for 60 seconds then try holding both buttons again. Repeat the process a few times and then if it does not correct the issue, then you will need to use your computer to restore the iPhone. Please follow these steps,

• Connect the USB cable to the iPhone, but leave the other end of the cable disconnected from your computer's USB port.
  • press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time.
  • When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
  • While pressing and holding the Home button, connect the USB cable to the computer. The device should turn on.
  • Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen.
  • When this screen appears you can release the Home button:
  • Then use iTunes to restore the iPhone.

did that work for you?

Randy
Randy
Randy, Customer Service