Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Can't get in- it wants a passcode suddenly and I can't

Customer Question
Can't get in- it...

Can't get in- it wants a passcode suddenly and I can't remember it

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Haven't reset it in years. Also lost Apple ID, was unable to recover it because the system demanded the original CC # and as I've had the phone for years that CC has been updated-new info won't work

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I think that ir waht demanded the CC

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just basically is there a way to get into my phone with a forgotten entry code-can't get to icloud because of the password *****

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/5/2017
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago

It sounds like you are unable to login to the apple ID and it is asking for Apple username and password. Your Apple ID is normally your email address and we can reset the ID

Please follow this steps and it will help you in resetting the password

1. You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

2. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

3. Select Email authentication followed by Next.

4. Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

5. If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

6. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

7. If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option in the lower, middle of the page labeled “Forgot your Apple ID?”. If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

8. Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

9. Once you have the ID and password, restart your iPhone and sign in.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank yo

­