Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My phone will ring but when answered I cannot hear the other…

Customer Question
My phone will ring...

My phone will ring but when answered I cannot hear the other person talk but they can hear me

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

The volum is turned all the way up Apple I phone 6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

Just today turned the phone of and back on checked the volum

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

At the top it says extended LTE

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/4/2017
Technician: Richard, Smartphone Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Smartphone Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you

Can you tell me what you have tried to do to resolve this please?

Thank you

Powered phone off then back on again
Checked volum level
Looked atvsetting

Thank you

Can you please hold the home and power buttons on the phone until you see the apple logo then release.

Let the phone restart and tell me how it then functions please

Same
When you press the volum button it says head phone volum

ok, looks like the headphone switch is stuck, get a match stick and clean out the area where the headphone goes in.

Especially along the sides of the jack.

Then try a call

Let me know how you go please

Still nothing without putting it on speaker

ok, insert headphones in and out of the phone really fast up to ten times then try again please

Same

Ok, it is the headphone jack that has faulted, if it cannot be cleaned it will need to be replaced

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the iPhone to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you