Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I wana replace my contacts to my new I phone. Old one is -

Customer Question
I wana replace my...

I wana replace my contacts to my new I phone.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Old one is - apple 6 plus , iOS 11

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

New one is iPhone X

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

So many times

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
I deposited already money
No one answer
12/4/2017
Technician: MacHelpdesk,
 replied 7 months ago
MacHelpdesk

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

Technician: MacHelpdesk,
 replied 7 months ago

Sorry no one picked up. It's still very early in GMT and in the US where most of our experts are, and I am in GMT.

Technician: MacHelpdesk,
 replied 7 months ago

You can use your iCloud to transfer your contacts, just make sure they are exported on your old phone and then merge them from iCloud to your new phone.

On your old phone tap Settings.

There tap your Apple ID name and details at the very top.

Tap iCloud.

Make sure Contacts is turned on, if not slide it to green.

Then your new phone repeat the exact same steps.

Select 'Merge' when it says “What would you like to do with existing local contacts on your iPhone”.

Then you just need to wait for the contacts on old iPhone syncing to new iPhone.

There are other ways but this way should be the easiest. let me know if you have any questions.