Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I cannot update my iPhone. I am connected to the Internet…

Customer Question
I cannot update my...

I cannot update my iPhone. I am connected to the Internet but it gives me a message that I am not connected.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Apple device?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

Let me go look.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Power and broadband are green steady

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/4/2017
Technician: Richard, Smartphone Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Smartphone Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me what you have already tried to do to resolve this?

Please let me know

Thank you

I "forgot" the wifi and then I reset and it still is not working

Thanks

Can you please disconnect the power to the wifi router, wait 5 minutes, connect the power cable and then forget the wifi network on the phone and connect again.

Tell me if it then functions correctly please.

No, it did not work

On the iPhone, please go to settings, general, reset, reset network settings.

Once done, connect again to the wifi network and tell me how it then functions please