Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My phone cuts out every 5 seconds and then goes to my

Customer Question
My phone cuts out...

My phone cuts out every 5 seconds and then goes to my security code then it starts over

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Apple I phone

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

About 2 days and I can not try anything because it cuts off

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I think I have a lemon

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/3/2017
Technician: Ashik, Smartphone Tech replied 6 months ago
Ashik, Smartphone Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That is a springboard crash issue (springboard is the home screen or desktop of device). Apple just released a new patch/update recently in iOS 11.2. Go to Settings > General > Date and Time. Set the data back to 1 Dec 2017 or 30 Nov 2017 (turn off Automatic date). If it is crashing before you get here, then unlock the iPhone, immediately swipe up from bottom and turn on Airplane mode. Then change date.

Also, go to Settings > Notification and tap Show Previews and set to Never. This will stop the crashing temporarily. Then turn off Airplane mode from Settings.

Then go to Settings >General > Software Update and do the update.

After updating, you can set the correct date and turn Notifications back on.

If it is still not allowing you to update from there, then you need to do it from your computer. I will send the instructions. So please try the above steps first and let me know.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem. I will be waiting for your reply

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

I am on my mini pad so I can read your instructions! This just is not w or king because the phone only stays on for about 5 seconds!! What now!!

We need to fix it from computer. Do you have a computer there ?