Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My phone numberstopped working and I forgot my apple id.

Customer Question
My phone number(###) ###-####stopped...

My phone number(###) ###-####stopped working and I forgot my apple id

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Never changed since it was set up and now I forgot. is there a way u reset my phone again

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes but it did not help

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No just reset my phone

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Smartphones
12/3/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The Apple ID is the email address on file with Apple -- Do you remember that as well?

when I type my apple id and password ***** screen shows activation lock and it does not work
my apple id is set and I reset my password ***** the help of apple support

The only way to bypass the lock screen is to perform a factory reset on the iPad/iPhone..

From a computer, go to icloud.com/find

If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID

Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.

Select the device you want to erase.

Click Erase [device] to erase your device and its passcode.

Now you can restore from backup