Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My soon to be ex husband remotely shut my phone down I am on…

Customer Question
My soon to be...

My soon to be ex husband remotely shut my phone down I am on the plan I need my phone turned back on and I need my own plan right now

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone?

I phone

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

How do I find outy

Technician's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

He shuts it down everynight for the last 5 days

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I AM ON CALL peoples lives could be at stake I need this phone to work

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
11/29/2017
Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 7 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

I am Samuel and I can help you. If you are on your EX's plan they will have the ability to do much to the phone because they have Admin or parental controls. I would have to ask a couple questions to determine if you have to option to use this device on your own plan.

Is the device under contract?

When you say the phone is "shut down" do you mean the service is not working or the phone has a literal lock on the screen?

Whose iTunes/iCloud information is on the device and who has the passwords for it?

*Is there any other help you need? If not please rate so I can close this request! Thanks so much!