Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My husband bought an I phone from a friend, got it set up at…

Customer Question
My husband bought an...

My husband bought an I phone from a friend, got it set up at the Verizon store and until recently he did not NEED a pass code to open his phone. A few days ago he was prompted to UPDATE his phone and once he pressed OK it asked for a pass code that he never had. Here's the number another tech support person asked for: **************. Just a head's up, we are in our 70's and not very tech savvy...we will need lots of help. thanks in advance for your assistance.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

He has NEVER had to change it so I can't answer your question

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No...when I spoke to someone on the phone she wanted the above # and asked me to go on this computer for further instructions but of course my internet connection was down...arrrrrrrrrrgh

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything...

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Smartphones
11/27/2017
Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 8 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

I am Samuel and I help you. Was the previous owners iTunes information still on the device when he bought it?

Not really. The device is no longer available and can't be operated so there no need to continue with my Iphone issue.