Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

When I connect my iPhone to my computer, it used to

Customer Question
When I connect my...

When I connect my iPhone to my computer, it used to immediately download any new photos. Now It does not do that and now I can not get to open

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

MS 7 Professional

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

It has been doing this for a bout a week or two. I have shut down, rebooted, disconnected my iPhone, reconnected it, shut it off, turned it back on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Something may have happened to my computer because my Norton fire wall an add-in memory speed booster are acting in similar manner. The Norton rep took over my computer and uninstalled the reinstalled Norton and that fixed the problem. I probably need to uninstall and reinstall iTunes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/27/2017
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. May I know whether you are using Original Apple USB Cable?

I honestly don't know if it is the original Apple cable. Whenever I buy a new device I get 4 extra cables -- for my car, my wife's car, my office, my travel briefcase. What ever cable it is, it worked perfectly for 3 -4 years until just recently. I suspect a software problem.
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago

Can you please try to press and hold the Window Key + E and check if your iPhone is detecting in the computer or not. If it is detecting we can set a default path in your computer to download the photos from the iPhone.

Nothing changed on the phone. On the computer monitor I got a list of all various drives available, but the phone was no on the list
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago

If you have any other different USB in the computer slot try to connect the iPhone in the different slot and try to use different USB cable. Once the iPhone is connected, please unlock the iPhone and click allow and Check if you see the iPhone icon in the explore.

I got a new cable and used a different USB slot, but nothing has changed.You told me click "Allow". Where do I find it? I looked in settings but could not find it.
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago

When you connect the iPhone to the computer using USB cable. In your iPhone,you will be seeing "Allow this device to access photo and videos? Allow or Don't Allow" If you still unable to see the iPhone in the computer, please try this following

• Restart the iPhone and computer
  • Try to connect different phone to the this computer using USB cable
  • Try to connect different USB flash drive in this computer
  • Try to connect iPhone in the different computer

If you try this following steps you will be able to identify whether the problem is with the USB slot in the computer or in the iPhone.

OK. I shut down the computer for 3 minutes and rebooted it. Shut down (power off) the phone for 10 minutes then restarted it. Nothing has changed.When i connect the phone to the USB cable I DO NOT GET THE OPTION TO "ALLOW THIS DEVICE...." aLL THAT i GET IS MY SCREENS FULL OF APPS.
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago

I got it, have you tried to connect different USB flash drive or thumb drive in this computer or Have you tried to connect iPhone in the different computer? The reason why I am asking is we can check whether the problem is with the USB slot in the computer or in the iPhone.

29 November 2017 10:12
I got a new cable and used a different USB slot, but nothing has changed.
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago

If you have any USB flash drive so that we can try to insert the flash drive and check if USB is detecting in the computer or not. If you don't have any drive. Please follow the step given below.

1. Press and hold “Windows Key + R” and the “Run” window will open.
  2. Type devmgmt.msc in the Run box
  3. Under the Universal Serial Bus, you will be able to see Apple mobile device usb driver.
  4. Double click on the Apple mobile device usb driver
  5. Click on the Driver TAB
  6. Click uninstall

Once the driver is remove, Reconnect the Apple device in your computer and check whether the computer is detecting the iPhone or not.

OK All my USB ports read any of my thumb drives.I followed your instruction to uninstall: unfortunately, in the "serial bus" tab there is NO APPLE MOBILE USB DRIVER.
I'm going out of town next week so i won't be able to work on this next week. When I get back I'll contact you or request a different expert.
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago

In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

Technician: Harry, IT replied 6 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

nothing has been fixed

Go to Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Auto Play. Under Devices, you should see your phone. When you do, look to the right and see what he settings are. You can change that to Ask Every Time and it will generate the Import Pictures dialog box.

Nope. That didn't do it.Dave