Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

How can I retrieve my passcode for my IPhone. ?? Several of…

Customer Question
How can I retrieve...

How can I retrieve my passcode for my IPhone

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

??

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Several of my normal passcode. But I changed it recently to keep my grandkids off of it but I forgot it.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Technician: Ashik, Smartphone Tech replied 5 months ago
Ashik, Smartphone Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Is your iPhone completely locked ?

What model of iPhone is this ?

Do you have access to a computer there ? We may need to fix it using your computer

I think it’s an IPHONE 5. yes I have a computer

I'm sorry. There is NO way to retrieve that passcode or get back to your phone without the passcode (without erasing it). Your only option is erase the iPhone from iCloud or force-restore the iPhone to factory settings through iTunes on your computer by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users. (Note : DFU Mode is a method which allow you to bypass the passcode/disabled screen and get it restored)

But if you had backed up your iPhone to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPhone from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPhone by putting it to DFU Mode.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPhone press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time for 8 seconds.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button but continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPhone will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. If it is not showing blank/black screen, then repeat the steps again. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPhone (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

That didn’t solve the problem. The phone say connect to iTunes. I can’t seem to figure out how to do that.

That means you didn't put the phone to DFU Mode. In DFU mode, the phones shows nothing. please try the steps again

How do I open the iTunes application?

You need to download and install it on your computer first. You can download and install it from this website --> https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then you will see the iTunes on your desktop. open it from there

Ashik, Smartphone Tech