Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My iphone 6 plus phone updated and then locked up, now it is…

Customer Question
My iphone 6 plus...

My iphone 6 plus phone updated and then locked up, now it is disabled

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your IPHONE 6? What have you tried so far?

I tried getting an new passcode and it won't take any of them, and just says you have to wait 9 min or more and that it is disabled now. I haven't been able to use my phone since last night

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
11/26/2017
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have any backup of your iPhone in iCloud or Computer? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and try doing reset on the iPhone which will erase all the data and the password. If you have a backup, we can restore the data and contact back to your iPad.

no
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

Do you have any computer like windows or Mac computer with you now?

Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

Could you please tell me what is the operating system of the computer, Is it windows 10/8 or Mac OS? So that we can install the iTunes first and we can try to restore the iPhone.

Note: Unless you made a backup before you forgot your passcode, there isn't a way to save your device's data. You'll need to erase your device, which deletes all of your data and settings.

windows 8
How come it won't take a passcode?
please respond
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

It suppose to take the passcode but if there is any incorrect passcode or failed after multiple attempt which will leads to disabled mode. Dont worry about that.

what do we do now?
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

Do you see any iTunes application installed in the windows computer? If there is no iTunes, you can install the itunes application. You can click the link given below for downloading the iTunes https://secure-appldnld.apple.com/itunes12/091-30751-20171030-2E96FF02-B9B4-11E7-81C5-9CE3DF1CD815/iTunes64Setup.exe

1. Pick a location on your hard drive to save the installer.

2. Run the iTunes installer.

• Double-click the iTunesSetup.exe file to install iTunes. At the Welcome screen, click the Next button. The installer displays the License Agreement dialog box.

3. Click the option to accept the terms of the License Agreement, and then click Next.

4. Choose iTunes installation options.

• You can turn the following options on or off: (a) Add iTunes and QuickTime Shortcuts to My Desktop and (b) Use iTunes as the Default Player for Audio Files

5. Choose the language iTunes should use.

• The default language is English (U.S.). If you want to use a different language, select one from the drop-down list.

6. Choose the destination folder for iTunes.

• By default, the installer assumes that you want to store the program in the Program Files folder of your C: drive. If you want to use a different folder, click Change to use Windows Explorer to locate the desired folder.

7. Click Install to finish.

• After you click Install, the installer finishes the installation and displays the Complete dialog box. Click Finish. Restarting your Windows PC after installing software is always a good idea.

Please let me know once you done with this.

it is done installing and I have clicked finish
what do we do now?
We are done, can we move on
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago

Now we are about to reset your phone. If we reset your phone you will loss all your data including Contact, Text message, application, music and photo. You can only restore the Music and app from the iTunes. If you are OKAY with that, Please follow the instruction below for resetting the phone:

1. Connect your iOS device to your computer with Apple USB cable and open iTunes.
2. While your device is connected, force restart it by Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
3. You will be seeing iTunes logo in your phone
4. Now look into the computer. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.
5. iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 4.
6. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can Setup and use your device.

Karthik Nagarajan
Karthik Nagarajan
Karthik Nagarajan