Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

It's not my computer. I have an iphone and want to set up…

Customer Question
It's not my computer...

It's not my computer. I have an iphone and want to set up the Skype translator.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Skype?

I do not know

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Skype?

I have a bot on Skype. When I type in English, my friend can see my English and the translation in Russian. Today, we were chatting and when I spoke or when she spoke we could only see Russian. When she spoke English, we saw Russia When I spoke English, I saw Russian

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all for now, thank you!

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Smartphones
11/23/2017
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 5 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
In the Skype app, in the Chats screen, tap and hold on your contact,

and tap view profile (or you can go to your chat with them and tap on their name at the top.)

Tap Start translator. A new translated chat will be created.

You will be prompted to choose your preferred languages. You may find the choices there, but wrong, so pay attention to changing/choosing, to the language you want.

Does this answer your question and, when done, correct the problem?

No, this no different than what I found using a google search. I do not get the option to choose a language. I spent $36 for the same answer I got using a search engine. I still have problems.

I see. Well, you may have to sign out of Skype account, first of all, then remove the Skype app from your iPhone.

Then restart the iPhone.

Then re-download the Skype app. Then try a translated Chat again through Skype, after starting the newly downloaded Skype app and signing in to your Skype account again.

(The short version: sign out of Skype, restart iPhone, sign in to Skype account, try again.)

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided all of what you needed to help toward a solution. Let me know in Reply if that's not the case, please.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)

Russell H., Service Tech