Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have the app steps tracker that syncs with my Apple Watch.

Customer Question
But it’s not gathering information...
I have the app steps tracker that syncs with my Apple Watch. But it’s not gathering information correctly. Because it’s 8:37 pm and it says that I have only given 24 steps.One of the biggest reasons why I got the Apple Watch was for the fitness features. But it doesn’t give me information on how many steps I’ve taken, calories burned, km walked. This is essential.Oh and the activity circle of the Watch is almost impossible to reach the daily goal. I do a lot of sitting yes, but even when I have been more active I can’t make it to close the circles. Especially the green one. I will do an intense work routine that lasts 7 mins but it is really like if I did an hour of exercise.These circles are supposed to help me be motivated and all they do is make me feel like I’m not achieving anything.And the steps thing is critical. I downloaded steps tracker which syncs with your phone and no real data.Please help. I’m frustrated.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Smartphones
11/20/2017
Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 8 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

Hello I am Samuel and I can help you. Did you just download these apps to your Apple watch or is the an issue that has been going on for some time. Also you did download from the App store and the device is not root (it is like hacking the programming)? I assume you did not but I have to ask.

I have had the apps for a while now and they aren’t working. I downloaded from the App Store. Not quite sure what it means to say that the device isn’t root. I don’t remember hacking anything. I got them from the Apple App Store.
Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 7 months ago

If you do not know about rooting you never did it! I would say that first step would be to remove the programs and reinstall them. This way we can be sure of the latest, cleanest and most stable version of the app/apps.

To remove the apps:

1. On the Home screen, tap and hold on any icon.
  2. When the icons start to wiggle, tap the X in the corner of the application you wish to uninstall.
  3. Tap Delete.

Once you have done this please return to the App store and reinstall the App/Apps. Use the app for a bit and see if it is working correctly please!

Is there any other help you need? If not please rate so I can close this request! Thanks so much!

I had erased it and download it. But I think i didn’t do it right because it only gave me 19 steps for today. So I erased and downloaded it again. I’ll let you know if it works this time. Thanks

Ok That does not sound right... I hope the 2nd uninstall/reinstall helps. Keep me posted!