Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I can't remember my password and I'm locked out. Iphone7s…

Customer Question
I can't remember my...

I can't remember my password ***** I'm locked out

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Iphone7s less than 6 months old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just since this morning. I've tried trouble shooting but I am lost

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Smartphones
11/19/2017
Technician: Ashik, Smartphone Tech replied 8 months ago
Ashik, Smartphone Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Are you referring to the 4/6 digit passcode or iCloud activation lock password ?

6 digit

Do you have access to a computer there ?

We will have to fix it using your computer. I wills end instructions in a few minutes

There is NO way to retrieve that passcode or get back to your phone without the passcode (without erasing it). Your only option is erase the iPhone from iCloud or force-restore the iPhone to factory settings through iTunes on your computer by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users. (Note : DFU Mode is a method which allow you to bypass the passcode/disabled screen and get it restored)

But if you had backed up your iPhone to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPhone from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPhone by putting it to DFU Mode.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPhone press and hold the Volume down button and the Power button at the same time for 8 seconds.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button but continue holding the volume down button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPhone will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. If it is not showing blank/black screen, then repeat the steps again. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPhone (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.