Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I am receiving a message on my Blackberry Curve that says" A…

Customer Question
I am receiving a...

I am receiving a message on my Blackberry Curve that says" A media card has been inserted that contains errors. do you wish to repair the media card now? yes or no. Is this legitimate and if so what should I do?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

My Blackberry Curve battery does not seem to be holding the charge it once did, Is there a shelf life to these? I have to recharge it several times each day.. The Model is BlackBerryCurve9360

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Progressively through 2017. I have done no troubleshooting.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I am not sure what you are asking. I have never used this service before.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Smartphones
11/19/2017
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That is a legitimate message that other users of Blackberry devices have seen.

What media card was it?

If you answer yes it will try to repair the card... it may fail to repair it. If it fails, you will have to repair it on a computer, instead.

Now, if you are using an old card, the card might simply have failed, from numerous insertions and removals, and sheer wear and tear with age. But if it's brand new, and has nothing on it already, then it might

A. be the wrong card for your Blackberry Curve... too large in capacity, the wrong card type, etc., or

B. it might need formatting on your Blackberry Curve itself, before it will be acceptable to it.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)