Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Since 11. ios upgrade, iphone shuts off for no reason. 6s…

Customer Question
Since 11. ios upgrade...

Since 11. ios upgrade, iphone shuts off for no reason

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

6s iphone

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

New battery i year??

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Smartphones
11/17/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please press and hold down the POWER and HOME buttons together on your iPhone until you see the Apple icon. After you see the icon, release the buttons and the iPhone will restart.

Do you have the same issue after the forced restart?

same problem after hard boot.
Problem started immediately after I upgraded to IOS 11. Battery is new. iPhone will shut down even when battery is at 100% or any other percent. If I don’t keep iPhone plugged into a power source it will shut off within 10 minutes of use, gaurenteed.
Actually, I had this problem a couple of months ago and purchased a new battery at an iPod repair center.

Are you using an authentic charging cable and battery?

Battery was replaced by an authorized repair shop.
The cord is not branded. I haven’t been able to find authentic charging cord

You can buy an authentic cord from the Apple store.

You can go into an Apple store and use one of their chargers to see if it works there before buying.

My iPhone is 100% charged.
If I use it without a charging cord plugged into a wall, it shuts off after 15 minutes and c
Scant restart, even thought it tries.
The battery is 2 months old

Yes, but if you are using a charger that has an issue then it will cause a "fake" charge and the battery will appear to be at 100% but it really isn't.