Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

It is a 5s and it is no longer recognizing my passcode. I…

Customer Question
It is a 5s...

It is a 5s and it is no longer recognizing my passcode. I had just set up fingerprint option, and afterwards, no luck with passcode. It was also asking me for a passcode to enter voicemail

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

5S i phone

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Started today after latest settings download. I can't get into it to troubleshoot. It hads started to time me out

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Smartphones
11/17/2017
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 8 months ago

May I know whether you have a computer handy with you? The reason why I am asking you is, the passcode can be reset only by resetting the phone to factory defaults.

So, if you have a computer you can back up the data from your phone to the computer.

Note: Before resetting the phone, you may have to make a note of the email username and password ***** is associated with the phone.