Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

IPhone 7plus. When I make a call it hangs up immediately.

IPhone 7plus. When I...

IPhone 7plus. When I make a call it hangs up immediately. Same when someone calls me. Tried several numbers and it’s the same with all numbers. Turned phone off and on and still not working. Removed SIM card and put back in and still nothing. Reset network setting and nothing. Made a call this afternoon and no problem. This started sometime after 230pm today?

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

1.5 yrs about

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Worked today. Just started sometime after 230pm today. Turned phone off and then on. Reset network settings. Removed SIM card and put back in. Nothing so far has worked.

11/16/2017
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Do you have AT&T?

Att
Hello?

Unfortunately, AT&T is currently experiencing outages all over the US so it is an issue with your carrier network at the moment but they are working on the issue currently and it should be fixed within a couple of hours.

that is the problem? It is not my phone?

Correct -- It is a network issue with AT&T.

Thank you. I appreciate the help!

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Josh, Technician