Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I need to get the Maps icon on my screen. Two weeks. I am…

I need to get...

I need to get the Maps icon on my screen

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Two weeks

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am not sure When I purchased the phone it had Maps on it.

11/15/2017
Ashik, Smartphone Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

If you don't see it, then it is possible that you've accidentally deleted that application. Let's check if it is there or not. Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Home Screen Layout.If the Mail app is there somewhere, then this will bring it to its default place.

If it didn't bring it back, that means you've deleted it somehow. You can redownload it. To redownload, open App Store. In App Store ,just search "Maps" or "Apple Maps" (without quotes) and this will bring that app. Tap the cloud button next to it and it will be downloaded. Then you can open it.

Another way to download is, open App Store, tap search and search Apple

This will load all Apple apps. Look for Maps app and download it. You can also download and use Google Maps

Please let me know if that didn't work, we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Better connection on my land line(###) ###-####

Did you try the steps I sent you ?

Could not access App storep

What happens when you open App Store ?

Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Samuel White
Samuel White, Owner and Expert Tech
Phone call session started

Make sure your phone is connected to internet or WiFI from Settings > WiFi