Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

I recently got an iphone x and my whatsapp voice calls are…

Hi I recently got an iphone...
Hi
I recently got an iphone x and my whatsapp voice calls are failing.(not going through) All other calls are working.
I have deleted and reinstalled the app.Cleared cache and all data .Restarted phone several times but the problem persists.
can you please suggest a solution
Thanks.
11/14/2017
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me whether your iPhone X is connected to the mobile data or WiFi?

i have tried both wifi and mobile data nothing works

Are you able to make a normal phone call without any issue?

you didnt even read my question .Yes i can make all calls. Earphone and microphone are working with al apps.
Thanks
the problem is only with whatsapp voice calls failing!

I got it, Swipe down the Control Centre from the Home Screen and put your iPhone on Airplane Mode and wait for few seconds then turn it off. You can also do this by going to Settings, where Airplane Mode is the very first option. This is one of the efficient ways to fix the issue. If that didn't help, try to check the date and time. Sometime your phone time should be properly sync with the internet time so Go to Settings → tap on General → select Date & Time. Now, turn off Set Automatically. Finally, select your home town manually and you might fix the problem. Check if that helps.

Tried both still the same issue.Everything else works.

I understand, in this case we can try with network reset on the phone. Do not worry network reset will not cause you data loss.

1. From the Home Screen find and select Settings.
  2. In the next step find and select General.
  3. Open the Reset options and choose Reset Network Settings.
  4. In order to confirm the whole operation choose Reset Network Settings
  5. Now to the iPhone is restoring the network settings to the factory state

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

No help still the same.Its a brand new iphone x everything else works.

At this point, I would suggest contacting the developers of the app. They should be able to provide you with the best options to make this work for you. But in any case, I’m sure the developers of WhatsApp will be able to help you fix this in no time. Here’s a couple of steps how you can reach the developers if you are on an iOS device:

1.Open the App Store.
2.Search for the app or find it in Purchased.
3.Tap the app.
4.Tap Reviews.
5.Under App Store Customer Reviews, tap App Support.

Karthik Nagarajan
Karthik Nagarajan
Karthik Nagarajan
Karthik Nagarajan