Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have SE i Phone. The google icon has disappeared. It is in…

Customer Question
I have SE i...

I have SE i Phone. The google icon has disappeared. It is in my settings. When I go to the APP store I see the little cloud pointing down but can not get any response.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I-phone SE and I have had it a few months.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

A little less than a week. I have checked settings and see Gogglr Chrome. I have tried to reload from the App Store and oc course I have turned off and restarted my phone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

My grandsons play on my phone

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/14/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Open your iPhone

Swipe to the right

On the search box at the top, type in Google

Do you see the icon appear?

NO

You mentioned seeing the cloud icon with the arrow pointing down -- Did you tap on the cloud icon?

I did and nothing happens

Try searching for Chrome

I did that too :(

Please press and hold down the POWER and HOME buttons together on your iPhone until you see the Apple icon. After you see the icon, release the buttons and the iPhone will restart.

Try to download it now

The App Store just does not respond. I tried another icon that has been updated and went right to its site

Try to download it now

I did that too but will try again.

Let me know

I did it. Went to App Store. Found Google Chrome. Saw the OPEN pushed and it still seems frozen. Frustrating!
If you see the word “OPEN” now then it’s on your phone somewhere. Have you swiped left on your home screen to find it? Or checked in all folders?
I did and it shows eight icons that are on my screen and then it says to search. Siri, App Store and Maps. I went to App Store AGAIN and nothing, I went to Siri and that said install, which sent me to the App Store and again OPEN which does not happen.
Swipe to the left (not the right) on your home screen
Nothing hiding there except an Apple Watch icon that I don't have
Did you keep swiping to the left? Did you check any folders that you created? If it shows OPEN then it’s on your phone somewhere
Where do I find folders
You would see the folders if you created them. Go into Settings then General then Reset — Reset all Settings then Reset Home screen layout. Restart your phone and try again
I found folders It say "0" items 44.1 GB
Please view my last reply
Resetting now

Thank you

Now I can not do anything. I think I need to go to the Apple Store.

I am not sure what you mean by "Now I can not do anything"