Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

Please let us know how to get to the airdrop receive screen…

Hi. Please let us know...
Hi. Please let us know how to get to the airdrop receive screen on an iPhone SE. thank you.
10/17/2017
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Developer

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• The offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept a request for one if you wish, but you do not have to.
  • Please keep this browser open. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will keep helping you until your question is answered, please ask as many follow up questions as you want to by replying below.

Good afternoon! The AirDrop receive notification comes up automatically when someone is trying to send you something via AirDrop. But, you need to make sure you have AirDrop enabled, otherwise you won't get the notification!

Please take two seconds to rate my service before you leave today at the top of this page or I am not credited with my assistance. It is my service you are rating and nothing else. If you feel my service has been anything but excellent, or you have follow up questions, please let me know before rating :)

1. Swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone screen to see the Control Center.
  2. Touch and hold the network settings card in the upper-left corner
  3. Tap AirDrop
  4. Then choose one of these options:
    • Receiving Off: You won't receive AirDrop requests.
    • Contacts Only: Only your contacts can see your device.
    • Everyone: All nearby iOS devices using AirDrop can see your device.

If you see Receiving Off and can't tap to change it, go to Settings > General > Restrictions and make sure that AirDrop is turned on.

AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Developer
Thanks. Works great!

No problem, glad I could help :)

AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Developer