Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Is there a cell phone expert on line. I think 3 yrs. It is a…

Customer Question
Is there a cell...

Is there a cell phone expert on line

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

I think 3 yrs

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It is a Samsung galaxy note 4

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It has been an ongoing issue but it became worse it starts but only for a minute. had it checked, not a battery issue, not the hard drive but the firm ware

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing else. I just do not want to replace it if it is repairable

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Smartphones
10/6/2017
Technician: Chris Lindsey, Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris Lindsey
Chris Lindsey, Technician

Good evening, my name is ***** ***** I am your Professional Electronics Technician Expert.

I have repaired a few hundred of these Note models. I will discuss the simple and complex issues of your problem from least to greatest.

1. Please remove the battery, sim card and SD card. Insert only the battery back in and turn back on to check. If the phone works fine after taking the Sim and SD out, you want to find which one works and replace the bad one.

2. If option 1 did not work, you are looking at a motherboard issue. Either water damage, burnt component or your battery terminal soldered to your board is loose. This will require a tech to open the phone which we can discuss later what companies I can suggest if it comes to this.

Let me know in your reply to me how everything goes.

-Chris

Good evening. I am following up on your question and would love to continue helping you.

I look forward to your reply.

Chris L