Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I called and made sure my cell phone would work while my…

Customer Question
I called and made...

I called and made sure my cell phone would work while my wife and I took a 4 day trip into Canada. In that call, I added unlimited calling that included int'l calling. Two days ago, I received a message from AT&T saying that I had incurred over $100 in Int'l roaming charges. I do not understand why I have that given what AT&T did for me before we traveled to Canada? Can you help me understand that?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Do you mean my IPHone - It is a 6 I believe, model number MLLL2LL/A

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I left for Canada on September 28th, arrived on the 29th and we got back to the United States on the 3rd. No troubleshooting! Just tried to call you guys yesterday on the road, after talking to 5 different people I got frustrated and hung up. None of the AT&T representatives were able to understand my issue and passed me from one person to the next!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

The discussion I had with AT&T before we left on our trip, put us on an unlimited plan (data, etc) for the time we were to be out of the country and he also was going to decrease our plan from 5G of usage to 3G of usage because in the past 6 months he said we averaged 2.9G of usage!

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Smartphones
10/5/2017
Technician: ElectronicsPete, Engineer replied 10 months ago
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

You can contact AT&T at:
https://www.att.com/contactus/