Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I dropped my iPhone and the screen is now completely black.

Customer Question
I dropped my iPhone...

I dropped my iPhone and the screen is now completely black. The home button and sleep button still work, but I cannot see anything on the display.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is an iPhone 7, it is less than a year old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It has been going on for less than 12 hours. I have tried the hard reset by holding the home and lock button, but that was unsuccessful.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is all I have.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/1/2017
Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 10 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

I am Samuel and I can help you. It sounds like the lcd screen is damaged so it will need to be replaced.