Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Bought iphone 7 red from someone. watched her erease and…

Customer Question
bought iphone 7 red from...
bought iphone 7 red from someone. watched her erease and reset the phone, now i cannot activate it. activation or carrier lock? what could be the problem?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/1/2017
Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 10 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble, and I'm sorry that you've had to wait for an answer. It would be my pleasure to assist you. What is the exact error message that you are getting when you try to activate the phone?

If you bought a used iPhone from someone and you get an error message when you put your SIM card in, it means that your iPhone is locked to a different carrier than yours. If your sim card works but you repeatedly get a message asking you to sign-in to an Apple account that is not yours, then the previous owner probably neglected to deactivate “Find my iPhone”. If this is the case, you won't be able to use it until the previous owner deletes the iPhone from his/her iCloud account. Erasing and resetting the phone is not enough. It must also be removed from their icloud account. You will not be able to unlock it yourself.

If the information that I have provided has been helpful, please kindly rate my service so I will receive credit for my efforts. You can give your rating by selecting one of the five stars located on the top right of the question page. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. If you have any other questions or if you need more help, just let me know. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2nG6XLy and ask for GeekGal. Thank you!​