Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I phone is frozen -- can't turn it off & can't access any…

Customer Question
I phone is frozen...

I phone is frozen -- can't turn it off & can't access any app/email/phone/text. Volume works & I can unlock -- but that is all is will do.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

About a year

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It is an iphone 4 --just realized I logged on to the wrong phone

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Smartphones
9/30/2017
Technician: Ashik, Smartphone Tech replied 10 months ago
Ashik, Smartphone Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First we can reset your iPhone and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. Only reset if you know the passcode to unlock the screen of your device.

Note : Power button is the button you use to turn off your iPhone or its screen. Home button is the round button at front bottom.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Nothing happens -- have tried it several times & held the two buttons for a long time

When you held down both buttons, did it show Apple logo ?

LOL! My phone doesn't work
Can't access phone, text, email

Please ignore the phone call offer. It is an automated offer from this site. I will help you here.

You said this is an iPhone 4, but it was released in 2010 yet you said it is 1 year old. Could you please confirm the model number ?

If you bought the latest iPhone last year, then it must be the 7 or 7 Plus.

Can you hold down Power and Volume down for 10 seconds at same time and does it do anything ?

it is a 5? there is not number on the packaging

You can identify your exact model from this site --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201296

If it is 7 or later, then you need to hold down Volume down and Power for 10 seconds to reset it.

If it is 6S or lower model, then Home and Power to reset.

If it still not working, then connect the phone to your computer with the charging cable and try to do the reset