Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

It is not my computer. My old Samsung dropped into the sat's…

Customer Question
It is not my...

It is not my computer. My old Samsung dropped into the sat's water bowl, so now I have a new-er Samsung Galaxy S$. Everyone asked me , why didn't you put all your contact's phone numbers out on Google? But I never figured out how to do that and iI couldn't get gmail on my cell phone moafter the first year, for some reason. But now that I have to go through the big job of looking up all of my phone contacts and putting them into my newer phone, I have to figure out how to get Wi-Fi on my new phone and GPS, and go to the Google play store, which I could do formerly and bring my gmail into my phone and go to maps.goole.com, etc. I keep getting a " connection" error, and Consumer Cellular has told me that it isn't anything that they can fix, so I need to see what you can tell me about this problem! thank you for your help. I have a Google fiber modem for my PC and laptop, but I'm stymied about what to do about my new phone. I can call out and receive calls and text, so my SIM card is working. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: I'm just trying to get information to help you. Have you tried unplugging your router for about ten seconds? And what about other devices? Do they have connectivity?

I have no problem getting on the internet on my PC and laptop, it's just Wi-Fi and gmail on my new cell phone that's the problem.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Nothing will install on my phone from the WEB!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know what all you need to know right now.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Smartphones
I don't think that you have any way to connect to my cell phone to try to fix it for me. I've setup a payment on paypal to pay for help that I don't even know that you know how to give me!
9/30/2017
Technician: ElectronicsPete, Engineer replied 10 months ago
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

How can I help?

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.