Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

When I open (try to) iTunes on one of my computers it

Customer Question
indicates I need to log...
When I open (try to) iTunes on one of my computers it indicates I need to log in with an old Apple Id. I've check my Apple account settings and this computer is authorized for use with my current ID, but, when I delete the old Id from the sign in box and enter the new Id with the associated password ***** ID box reverts to the old ID. Is there any way to correct that. I'm positive we recently went through the steps to remove this ID and replace it with my new one. Once again my apple account settings are correct with my current ID and password.
Out of my 4 authorized devices this is the only one that does that.Is there a way to correct this?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Smartphones
9/22/2017
Technician: Ashik, Smartphone Tech replied 10 months ago
Ashik, Smartphone Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

It sounds there are still items on the iTunes library that are still purchased/downloaded using old Apple ID and they are now trying to download their latest updates. That is why it is asking for the old ID. Apps downloaded with a specific Apple ID are forever tied to it, and will always require it and its password ***** update.

You need to delete the apps from your iTunes Library (App Library) and redownload them using your own Apple ID. That will do it.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

How do I know which ones they are? I never download apps from my computers.

Open iTunes. Select Apps at top left (it may show Music, Movies etc). Click it and select Apps. Then click Updates tab and do you see apps there ?

There is not an app selection on this computer

It is in iTunes. Open iTunes. Look at top left and you will see a Dropdown. It may say Apps or Music or Movies or TV Shows there (depending up on what you selected before). It is next to the arrow buttons < >

Oh ok. That means there are no apps saved on iTunes Library. Do you have any music or movies purchased using old ID ?

Can you deauthorize the Mac and authorize it again from Store menu ?

Only if you tell me how. My 12 year old grand daughter isn't around to help.

It is in the Store menu. Click on Store from and select Deauthorize. Then restart the Mac and Authorize the same way

ok. Be right back. Most of my song purchases were made using the old ID. I don't purchase anything else from iTunes. Everything else would be from the App store. 20 total.

It is possible that iTunes is trying to download some songs again or redownload any latest version of Songs

Deauthorize is not an option.
I think I'll just not use iTunes on this computer or wait until I get home and try to deauthorize it from my main computer

It is supposed to show that (if this computer is authorized). In Store > Authorization, does it show Authorize this computer ?

I found it under account settings, but, I can't reauthorize it without the old ID password. So I'll have to wait to see if I can locate it or reset it.
I'll contact you tomorrow.

You don't need to reauthorize it using old ID. Reauthorize using new ID

That computer will not accept the new ID in that iTunes sign in box. Whenever I enter it and click send the sign in box reverts to the old ID log in

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas on this one. I will opt out and open this question to other experts in here. If they have any idea, they will get back to you.

Please don't rate the answer anything, so the other expert can get to you.

thank you for your efforts
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago
Josh, Technician

Do you only have the Apple ID issue on a computer?

Just 1 computer. I think I'm just going to change the password ***** the old ID and see if that works.

Let me know if that works