Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

I have a Samsung S5 that keeps buzzing and sending weird

Customer Question
sound notifications at odd times...
I have a Samsung S5 that keeps buzzing and sending weird sound notifications at odd times with no apparent message on the screen.
I've tried all that I know, turned off notifications on all apps almost, turned off calendar alarm and emails notifications as well as apps permissions, but it keeps annoying the heck out of me with the weird notifications.
any ideas?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Smartphones
9/19/2017
Technician: Richard, Smartphone Specialist replied 2 months ago
Richard, Smartphone Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Do you recall any apps being installed around the time this problem started?

Please let me know

i dont. deleted all what i recall was recently installed. but when the phone downloads these updates with weird acronyms and number with the word samsung on it, i am a little hesitant to delete them. so i am not sure about those...

ok, we can rule out an app causing this by starting it in safe mode, which runs with only primary apps in the background

1. Turn off the device.

2. Press and hold the Power/Lock key for one or two seconds to turn on the device.

3. When the Samsung logo displays, press and hold the Volume down key until the lock screen displays. When the lock screen displays Safe mode will be shown in the lower-left corner of the screen.

Once done, tell me if you still get the issue as it will help me identify the cause.

Thank you

it will be some time before i get back to u while the phone runs in safe mode.

no problem, just let me know how it goes please within the next few days

Vinod Menon, Customer Service