Vinod Menon, Customer Service
Experience:  Experience in supporting and using smartphones.
51110040

I have a Samsung S5 that keeps buzzing and sending weird

Customer Question

I have a Samsung S5 that keeps buzzing and sending weird sound notifications at odd times with no apparent message on the screen.
I've tried all that I know, turned off notifications on all apps almost, turned off calendar alarm and emails notifications as well as apps permissions, but it keeps annoying the heck out of me with the weird notifications.
any ideas?
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Richard replied 30 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

Do you recall any apps being installed around the time this problem started?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
i dont. deleted all what i recall was recently installed. but when the phone downloads these updates with weird acronyms and number with the word samsung on it, i am a little hesitant to delete them. so i am not sure about those...
Expert:  Richard replied 30 days ago.

ok, we can rule out an app causing this by starting it in safe mode, which runs with only primary apps in the background

1. Turn off the device.

2. Press and hold the Power/Lock key for one or two seconds to turn on the device.

3. When the Samsung logo displays, press and hold the Volume down key until the lock screen displays. When the lock screen displays Safe mode will be shown in the lower-left corner of the screen.

Once done, tell me if you still get the issue as it will help me identify the cause.

Thank you

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
it will be some time before i get back to u while the phone runs in safe mode.
Expert:  Richard replied 30 days ago.

no problem, just let me know how it goes please within the next few days