Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have a Q5 Blackberry. If someone sends me a picture on…

Customer Question
I have a Q5...

I have a Q5 Blackberry. If someone sends me a picture on BBM, I cannot share it. All I can do is save it, but it is saved on my media card and I cannot retrieve it. How do I access my media card?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Blackberry Q5 - Model SQR100-1. I bought it new in May 2014.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It has been going on for abut 6 months. I am not very technical but friends who are can't figure it out. My plan is with Virgin but no one there seems to be very familiar with Blackberry and I don't want to switch to anything else because I want a hard keyboard.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it. Thanks.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Smartphones
9/19/2017
Technician: ElectronicsPete, Engineer replied 8 months ago
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1. In BBM, click Pictures.
2. Click Share Picture.
3. Select a picture from your media card.
4. Type a caption (optional).
5. Click Send.

1. If I go into BBM and choose a picture, I cannot click "Share Picture". The menu choices are:
Comments
Like Picture
Save Picture
Delete Picture
2. If I choose "Save Picture", I get a message saying "Picture saved to media card".
3. As stated in my original question, I don't know how to access the media card.

When you select Share Picture, do you not see any option to access the media card there?
Can you send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

As I already said, "Share Picture" is not an option that appears. The only options that appear are the ones in point 1 of my previous message. I cannot do a screenshot. There is nothing I can do except hit on the four choices that appear - "Comments", "Like Picture", "Save Picture", or "Delete Picture". If I hit "Save Picture" I get a message saying "Picture Saved to Media Card". How do I access the Media card? I did look up my "Media Storage Details" and my "Total Space" is 1.8 GB and my "Free Storage Space" is 1.1 GB.

It will depend on what version of software is installed on your phone, etc.

If you can take a snapshot of the screen and attach it here, I can advise further.

To take a screen capture on your BlackBerry, press the Volume Up key and the Volume Down key at the same time.

Thank you for telling me how to take a screen shot. I have done so but there are no "insert" or "attach file" icons on this page so I don't know how to get it to you. I tried clicking on "+Add files" below, but that didn't work. The Software Release is 10.3.2.2474 and the Serial is 0725-1018-0475.

Thanks for the screenshot.

It doesn't look like you are in BBM?
First, go into BBM, then click on the Paperclip icon and select the media card.

Let me know if that works?

I only have two ways to access BBM. One is the BBM icon which - when I press it - shows all the people I am on BBM with. Clicking on the three lines at the bottom left, I can access "Chats", "Feeds", "Contacts", "Groups". Channels", "Invites", and "Shop". Clicking on the three dots a the bottom right, I get the following choices: "Add Contact", Start Chat" "Start Group Chat", "Send Broadcast Message", and "End All Chats".The other way to access BBM is on the page with "Hub", "Notifications", "BBM", "Text Messages", etc. It shows my BBM chats, and clicking on the three dots at the bottom right brings me to a menu with "To Top", "To Bottom", "Compose", "Search", "Settings", "Refresh", and "Select More".Neither page has a paperclip icon nor an option to select the media card.

When you start a new BBM chat and select "Compse" can you see the paperclip icon there?

When I press it I get choices: Picture, Appointment, Contact, Location, File, Dropbox, and Paypal.

Ok, and when you select Picture, what options do you see next?

I see the screenshot you asked me to take and pictures I have taken. I cannot open any of them - just select them. The pictures supposedly saved to my media card do not appear.
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer