Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have a Blackberry Q10 with a wallpaper image that I want…

Customer Question
I have a Blackberry...

I have a Blackberry Q10 with a wallpaper image that I want to put on my new Key One. The image isn't in my "photos"...can you tell me where else I can find the image on my Q10?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Blackberry Q10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I've looked in the photos and camera section of the phone.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 day by:
9/20/2017
Technician: Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer replied 9 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Different models offer different stock wallpapers, ringtones, themes, etc., and, unfortunately, it is not possible to access the stock items from the old models on the newer models. Is there anything else I can help you with?

This does not answer my question. My question is that I have a wallpaper on my old phone that was one of my own photos. The problem is that the photo is not on that phone in the photo section nor the picture section of the phone...I'm not sure where it is hiding in the phone memory and am looking for trouble shooting that in order to move the wallpaper from one phone to the other.

Thank you for the additional information. That may or may not be a different problem. If your wallpaper photo was originally in your gallery but is no longer there, it could exist only in the operating system just like a stock wallpaper. It is difficult to search for it in memory without knowing the name that was assigned to the photo.

I am going to opt out of this question. Perhaps another expert who knows the Blackberry can help you with this. Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Technician: ElectronicsPete, Engineer replied 8 months ago
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer

I am Pete, another expert, and I'll be happy to assist you with this.

First, check in the [Device/protected_media/wallpaper] directory on the Q10.

Let me know if you find the file there?

Hey Pete,
Unfortunately it wasn't there either. It's the strangest thing...the wallpaper is a photo that I took many years ago with a camera...but other than being wallpaper, I can't find it on the Q10 stored anywhere.