Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Cannot connect to internet I phone 6. Read my message. Not…

Customer Question
Cannot connect to internet...

Cannot connect to internet I phone 6

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?

Pearl read my message. Not television. Phone. I phone 6.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

11 hours. I have disconnected the network rebooted and reconnected. All other devices work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Do you need my phone number

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Smartphones
9/10/2017
Technician: Randy, Customer Service replied 11 months ago
Randy
Randy, Customer Service

Please try this first on your iPhone, follow these steps>

Tap Settings.
Tap General.
Scroll down t.o the bottom of the page and tap Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings.

You will get a prompt warning you that this option will delete all network settings and return them to factory default settings. Tap Reset to continue.
Wait while your iPhone resets its network settings.

Once the reset process is done, your network settings will return to its factory default settings. Your iPhone will also automatically restart. Then try reconnecting your iPhone to the network again.

Did that work for you?

I told the original technician I already did this. Didn't work then and didn't work now.

Okay, does the name of your home WiFi network appear in the list of available networks on the iPhone WiFi screen?

You already charged me 35$ to try something I told you I had already tried. And you want me to give you more money???

I am sorry about the difficulty. Those are only optional additional services in case you need them.

It appears

Okay, does it ask for your WiFi password ***** you tap on the network name?

Do you get an authentication error when you enter the WiFi password?

No

Okay, do you have the iPhone backed up to your computer or icloud?

I cloud
Okay, since none of these solutions have helped, you'll need to restore your iPhone to its factory settings. This deletes everything from the iPhone and returns it to its out-of-the-box condition.Tap Settings.
Tap General.
Swipe to the bottom and tap Reset.
Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
You'll be asked to confirm that you really want to do this. Confirm and proceed with the reset.
When the reset is complete, you'll have a fresh iPhone. You can then either set it up as a new iPhone or restore from your backup.

Let me know how it goes please.

did that work for you?

can not turn off cloud to back up to my computer don't want a "new" phone
Can't turn cloud off to backup to my laptop. Don't want a "new" photo
Phone

okay, the only option will be to restore to factory settings.

I will take my phone in.

okay,

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Thank you very much!