Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

Just wondering how easy it is to detect spyware I have

Customer Question

Just wondering how easy it is to detect spyware I have "pings" coming to my phone
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: iPhone 6
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: About 2 weeks none because I am oblivious to iPhones I used android before and am better with computers, go figure.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

iPhones with latest iOS are very secure and it is not easy to install spyware on iPhone. To install spyware, one need actual physical access to the device and a iOS version that can be jailbroken. You can't fully jailbreak latest iOS yet. When a jailbreak/hack is released for iPhone, Apple will release a new update patching it. So, if you do regular software updates from Apple and locked the iPhone with passcode/finger print, then you don't have to worry about it. You can check the iOS version from Settings > General > About and if it is iOS 10.3.3 or later, then there is NO spyware on it. Even if your iPhone is updated and passcode locked, people who have access to your Apple ID info can access all your stuffs, track your iphone, lock it etc. So make sure you enabled two factor authentication on your Apple ID/iCloud ID. See here --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204915 Even though you protect the phone with latest updates or lock with passcode, it is still possible to intercept your calls and texts because that is something your phone doesn't have any control over. People who have the right hardware (hackers) can intercept the calls and texts like the FBI. People who have access to your WiFi can also intercept the data. So it is also important to put a secure password ***** your WiFi as well. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask. Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.