Vinod Menon, Customer Service
Experience:  Experience in supporting and using smartphones.
51110040

I have a 5S IPhone. I can send texts, but cannot receive

Customer Question

I have a 5S IPhone. I can send texts, but cannot receive them.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 5S and its 3 yrs old. The phone works as it should, just the text is a problem.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Started today. I know nothing about troubleshooting.
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's my only problem
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Let's begin by restarting your iPhone. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the slider appears, then drag the slider to turn your phone off. After it has turned off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button to turn it back on.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, your iMessage settings might be set to receive messages based on your Apple ID instead rather than your phone number. To check, tap Settings, then Messages, then Send & Receive. Make sure that your phone number is ***** as the default. It should have a green check mark beside it.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If you don't see your phone number as an option, please let me know.