Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Hiw can I fake my location on find my iPhone, iPhone 7, I…

Customer Question
Hiw can I fake...

Hiw can I fake my location on find my iPhone

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

IPhone 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I want to fake my location

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Smartphones
I want to fake my location on find my iPhone
9/7/2017
Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 11 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you've had to wait so long for an answer. It would be my pleasure to assist you. If your iphone is "jailbroken" or "rooted" there are apps that would allow you to do this. Unfortunately, however, for a standard, off the shelf iphone, there is no way to do this. It is possible to turn off tracking you turning off LOCATION SERVICE under your privacy settings. Please let me know if you'd like instructions for doing that.

I can also provide links to information on how to jailbreak an iphone if you like, but it's important that you know that by doing this you can void your warranty and possibly ruin your phone. I can provide links to apps and workarounds for jailbroken iPhones that will allow you to spoof your location as well. If you decide that you would like to proceed, please provide specifics for your phone, including the phone service provider and the iOS version.