Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have an iPhone 6 that will not sound on incoming calls.

Hi I have an...

Hi I have an iPhone 6 that will not sound on incoming calls. The tones work because they sound off in settings as does the vibrate function. I have tried everything I know including a factory reset.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Outlook

Technician's Assistant: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser on home computer as now.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Google. That's how I found this.

Answered in 1 hour by:
8/16/2017
Ashik, Smartphone Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Did you check the mute switch above the volume buttons ?

Press the volume up buttons and what does it show ? "Ringer" or "Headphone" ?

It shows "Ringer".

What about the mute switch above the volume buttons ? Is it showing red ? Switch and does the phone respond anything ?

Will have to check more closely and continue later.

If it is any case, remove it and check it. It is possible that the mute button got damaged (if it is not in mute position), so check it and let me know please

Hi Ashik, sorry about the delay, had to go to sleep. Yes looks like it was the mute button. I've applied a new protective hard case and the mute button adaptor is a little fiddly. I disabled mute and re-cased the phone and the ringer now seems to be working. I was concerned that some damaged may have been done through excessive dropping.
Hi there, I'm very glad to got it worked.If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent Service (5 stars) and click Submit at the top. Then only I will get credit for helping you.Bonuses and High marks on the surveys you get from JustAnswer are greatly appreciated.Best Regards,
Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Cheers ***** ***** for your help.

You're most welcome!