Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

I have an iPhone 6 that will not sound on incoming calls.

Hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Hi I have an iPhone 6 that will not sound on incoming calls. The tones work because they sound off in settings as does the vibrate function. I have tried everything I know including a factory reset.
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: Outlook
JA: How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: web browser on home computer as now.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Google. That's how I found this.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Did you check the mute switch above the volume buttons ?

Press the volume up buttons and what does it show ? "Ringer" or "Headphone" ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It shows "Ringer".

What about the mute switch above the volume buttons ? Is it showing red ? Switch and does the phone respond anything ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will have to check more closely and continue later.

If it is any case, remove it and check it. It is possible that the mute button got damaged (if it is not in mute position), so check it and let me know please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Ashik, sorry about the delay, had to go to sleep. Yes looks like it was the mute button. I've applied a new protective hard case and the mute button adaptor is a little fiddly. I disabled mute and re-cased the phone and the ringer now seems to be working. I was concerned that some damaged may have been done through excessive dropping.
Hi there, I'm very glad to got it worked.If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Excellent Service (5 stars) and click Submit at the top. Then only I will get credit for helping you.Bonuses and High marks on the surveys you get from JustAnswer are greatly appreciated.Best Regards,
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Cheers ***** ***** for your help.

You're most welcome!