Josh, Technician
Experience:  Smartphone support
50836188

I have an unlocked AT&T I Phone 7. I'm going to Barcelona

I have an unlocked AT&T I Phone 7. I'm going to Barcelona Spain and several other countries. Do I just purchase a new SIM card when I get there? Is it affordable? Can I text back to the US? Can I receive text messages from my US Number? "Taking a trip? You don't need to unlock your phone. Learn how you can use the talk, text & data you already have in over 100 countries with International Day Pass."
Can I receive phone calls from people calling my US number? At&T has an international plan for $10 per day using my current Sim Card? Convenient but pricey as I'm going to be gone for three weeks. Any suggestions?

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

You can buy the SIM card when you get there and purchase their data/minute plan like a prepaid option. It will be cheaper than spending $10 a day for 21 days unless you use the phone or data a lot.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If I buy the SIM Card there do I still have my same phone number or is a different one issued?
You will have a local phone number unless you buy the AT&T plan then you can keep the same number
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If I have a local number then I can't access my text messages. Correct?
Correct it would be a new number that you have